1. Leading a team of transport planners and modellers in our Overseas Delivery Office, and working with colleagues based in Ras Al
2. Leading the Update, Development and Maintenance of the RAK Strategic Transportation Model (STM) currently built on the VISUM
3. Supporting on the development of policies, technical standards and guidance relating to the development and maintenance of the RAK
STM, prepared according to the Municipality’s business needsand international good practice.
4. Providing technical leadership for projects
5. Knowledge sharing and driving technical innovation with RAK Municipality colleagues everywhere.
Proven record of accomplishment in thesuccessful delivery (building) of large-scale strategic transport models from first-principles, and
other transport planning projects.
Experience in maintenance practices for large multi-modal Strategic Transportation Models for governments.
Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with overseas clients, other members of the local Transportation team, and other
Advanced skills in the hands-on use of strategic modelling software, especially the PTV suite of software (VISUM) or CUBE Voyager.
High levels of competence in all aspects of transportation planning including transport demand theory, development planning, access
management, traffic engineering and public transport issues.
In-depth appreciation of transport appraisal and modelling techniques, covering various modes including public transport.
Knowledge of the specification, collection, analysis and acceptability standards for surveys and data related to building and updating
Experience with urban planning and land development appraisals and transport impact assessments.
Advanced GIS, scripting and data analysis skills & experience
Experience in operational modelling platforms including VISSIM, aaSIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM
Well-developed skills in project management, technical delivery and resource management.
Capable of communicating in both Arabic and English effectively, both written and spoken.
Competence with Microsoft Office software.
Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems