Full time | TAWZEF FOR RECRUITMNT & HR CONSULTANCY | Egypt
1. Leading a team of traffic engineering professionals in our Overseas Delivery Office, and working with colleagues based in Ras Al Khaimah,
2. Providing technical leadership on traffic engineering issues and projects in RAK
3. Leading technical reviews of planning submissions, traffic impact assessment reports, traffic studies and other technical plans, documents,
presentations or datasets in line with the Municipality’s internal submittal standards, and prevailing technical standards and planning
4. Communicating the findings of such reviewsto the Director, on the Municipality’s corporate system(s), and other stakeholders as required,
using the appropriate channels.
5. Contributing to the development of policies, technical standards and guidance relating to Traffic Engineering or urban mobility, prepared
according to the Municipality’s business needs and international good practice.
6. Identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements.
7. Knowledge sharing and driving technical innovation with RAK Municipality colleagues everywhere
In-depth experience in the field of traffic engineering in the GCC, particularly the UAE.
High levels of competency in operational modelling platforms including VISSIM, aaSIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
Good knowledge of Road Safety and Safety in Design principles, and contemporary best-practice roads safety initiatives.
Experience with transport assessments, capacity theory and analysis techniques, urban planning and land development appraisals,
parking management, master planning and public transport.
Experience in the concept design of parking and circulation layouts, walking and cycling facilities design, planning and design of traffic
calming devices, public transport facilities (bus stops), signage and line-marking
Knowledge of concept and preliminary roads design, including at-grade and grade-separated junctions.
Knowledge of the specification, collection, analysis and acceptability standards for surveys and data related to parking and traffic analysis.
Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with overseas clients, other members of the local Transportation team, and other
Excellent communication in written and spoken English, with a talent for persuasive speech and technical presentations to diverse and
Well-developed skills in project management, technical delivery and resource management.
Capable of communicating in both Arabic and English effectively, both written and spoken.
The candidate should have experience of managing multidisciplinary engineering teams to deliver projects in the UAE
Competence with Microsoft Office software.
Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems.